JDC’s Research Program Greatly Improved the Hard Process
- Improves phosphoric acid production rates by a factor of five in a given sized commercial kiln.
- Substantially increases phosphate concentration in the kiln feed which results in the reduction of raw material grinding and other processing costs.
- Improves phosphoric acid yield from a range of 70-85% to the mid 90% range.
- More efficiently uses coke. Uses cheaper, high sulfur green petroleum coke instead of calcined coke.
- Produces an oxidizing kiln off-gas which eliminates the need for an after-burner.